Experience the thrill of flying on a paraglider after taking off from Queenstown's highest commercial launch point. Revel in the breathtaking panoramic views of Queenstown, Lake Wakatipu and the Remarkables in your comfortable front row seat as your pilot controls the reigns behind you.
What better place to tick paragliding off your bucket list than the postcard-perfect Queenstown?
After meeting the crew at the designated pick up point, you will be transported to Rocky Gully, the highest take-off point in Queenstown, where your pilot will take you through a detailed safety briefing and prepare you for the flight ahead. You will then be harnessed and counted down to take the leap together at a whopping 4,100ft!
Experience an adrenaline rush like no other as you are rewarded with spectacular aerial views of Queenstown and the whole Wakatipu basin. For the serious thrill seekers, you will have the opportunity to enjoy some aerobatic spins and turns in the air before safely floating back down to earth.
Free transportation from and back to Queenstown
Tandem paragliding flight from 4100ft
Outside Ivan Clark Gallery located at 39 Camp Street, Queenstown
- Spectators are more than welcome to come along for a small fee of NZ$20 per spectator
- Warm clothing is recommended and sturdy footwear required
- Allow 2 hours for the experience (Actual airtime 12-15 minutes depending on the conditions)
- The minimum weight for a passenger is 20kg and the maximum is 110kg
Operates daily from October to April, weather permitting
Departure times vary throughout the year
- It is important for all customers to declare any of the following medical conditions: Pregnancy, heart condition, recent sprains or muscular injuries, panic/anxiety attacks, high/low blood pressure, bone disorders, fragile skin, dislocations, diabetes, epilepsy, prosthetics, neurological disorders, disabilities, physical impairment, motion sickness. Please note this does not necessarily exclude a person from doing the experience
Full refund if cancelled up to 48 hours before activity starts.
Good weather is required for this experience. If we need to cancel due to poor weather, you'll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Add to wishlist
Experience the 'Eighth Wonder of the World' by air. Fly over the magni ...
Explore exclusive locations by foot after you arrive in style and luxu ...
Watch the jet boats race up the Shotover and Kawarau Rivers and past t ...