Looking for an active day? Join us for a full day of adventure combining a morning hike through endemic ancient forest down our private walking track to Pohatu bay and join our sea-kayaking safari in the afternoon to encounter Pohatu marine reserve wildlife.
This is a perfect option for people who have a good level of fitness and wish to spend more time in Pohatu bay natural environment.
After being picked up in Akaroa by our booking office you will be transported by 4WD mini-van to the beginning of a 3 hours hiking trail (regular to relaxed pace). With a map and instructions from your guide you will, at your leisure, walk down part of the famous Banks Track through ancient red beech tree forest and tree ferns to Pohatu bay.
Along the way discover many waterfalls and listen to native bird songs and visit the prehistoric forest of Tutakakahikura scenic reserve with trees over 400 years old.
Once arrived at Pohatu bay you will have access to a fully equipped kitchen and bathroom facilities to relax, eat and get ready for the afternoon sea-kayaking safaris starting at 12.45pm.
· Scenic drive by 4WD mini vans
· Self-guided bush walk through an ancient forest. A guided option can be arranged at extra cost
· Access to a fully equipped communal area for lunch
· Kayaking is fully guided by qualified guides
· All gear for the sea-kayaking part of the activity (lifejackets, dry jackets, spray deck, dry bags for cameras…)
What to bring:
· A backpack for your belongings, clothes and lunch. Pack light as you will have to carry your own backpack down the Hiking trail.
§ Hiking boots or hiking shoes.
§ Sunglasses, hat or both
§ Water (can be refilled at our communal kitchen once in the bay)
§ A packed lunch
§ Pack a raincoat just in case; our weather even in the summer months can be unpredictable.
Free access to kitchen facilities for lunch
Meeting point is at our office in Akaroa
Unit 2, 8 Rue Balguerie
Full refund if cancelled up to 7 days before activity starts.
Add to wishlist